Thursday, June 24, 2010

Each Day is New

I won't post every day especially on the weekends because of my schedule but what i wanted to talk about today is that each day is a new day. Kind of like the AA program (or OA) you go from day by day, hour by hour, and minute by minute. The temptation doesn't end. I am the master of rationalization. You want to eat?? Call me I will give you at least 10 reasons why you can eat whatever you want. The deal is I have to develop as large a repertoire of reasons why I can't eat. I come from an extended family of 'healthy' women. That is to say we are all sort of 'fluffy'. I have the singular honor of being the largest which makes me the empress of adipose. My sisters and I have had ongoing weight problems probably associated with growing up Shurtz. My father was an alcoholic and while I don't remember him ever living with me(my parents were divorced when I was very young)his drinking and genetic makeup influenced all of us. This may or may not be discussed at a later date. I really don't have much good to say about him thus it wouldn't be much fun to talk about Mike..we shall see, it is after all my blog.
I started today with 20 whole fresh cherries, 2 cups of coffee with milk. I probably should have had a better breakfast but wasn't hungry. I went to the gym and did 1 and 1/2 miles in 30 min. I haven't been on a treadmill since before Christmas and I was pouring sweat by the time I was done. I feel looser after I hit the treadmill. I have a feeling I was taxing the machine because it squeaked for all 30 min. The man in front of me kept turning up the sound on the TV and looking back at me. HEY....I'm working here... don't give me mean eyes. It reminds me of the time years ago at another gym. I was working on the thigh machine and a lady came up and just stood there looking at me. She was 'fashionably' thin with long dark hair in a pony tail and a sweat band around her forehead. She had a prominent nose. I can still see what she had on...everything was lavender and everything matched. I had just started on the machine and after tapping her foot she said "I don't know why you here, it's not going to do you any good". I was hurt and stunned. My immediate retort was: You know, I CAN lose weight with diet and exercise, it's going to cost you a f***king( I sometimes have problems with a potty mouth) fortune to take care of that ugly nose. I stopped going to the gym shortly afterwards and although I don't really remember I imagine I treated my misery with food.

Just so I can keep tract I had a broccoli salad for lunch and 3 oz of steak with broccoli for dinner. I work tonight and I am taking the remaining salad with me. I have about 6 glasses of water to drink. Today I was successful. Yea me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment